Ever try and work things out yourself? Try and make sense of why things are happening or not happening. We try to come up with our own plans and ways. Yet, we seldom consider that in all of these situations the Lord is having His way, He is in control and He is working all things and situations for good to them that love Him and who are called according to His purpose and for His glory (Romans 8:28).
I wander how Joseph felt or understood of the road ahead when His brothers where haggling with the slave traders? He went from being a free young man to being a slave.
What about the children of Israel when they came to the Red sea? They had no sooner been set free and then...a dead end.
|
Sometimes we feel so far from where we reason we should be in life, thinking to ourselves, 'where is God in all of this?' Anyone ever felt this way? It's okay to be real. It's called life and life itself has a lot of questions.
|
You may feel desperate, alone, stressed, tired or cornered today; you may feel as if all your ambitions and desires have been completely shattered; you may feel hopeless and of very little worth or value; you may be asking, 'God, where are you in these circumstances I am in?' BUT, when we trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding, know this today, the Lord will never let us down and He has a plan for each and every one of us in fulfilling His perfect will and purpose for mankind for all eternity.
|
Don't throw away your confidence in the Lord today, don't stop trusting our almighty God today. Rather, just live for today, not leaning on your own understanding of how things will work out, but trusting in our Father in heaven with all your heart, knowing that, 'He will keep them in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Him: because they trust in Him. Trust in the LORD for ever.
My life is one of this examples. Lately I have been through what I call an emotional roller coaster. Wondering in my wilderness seems like for forty days and forty nights. I too found myself asking the why's? Wondering why God did not make something happen when I needed it to. Only to find that He did take care of it later and in such a better way. More than I was even expecting. I can now see the things lining up in order to display His will. It pays to wait.
Proverbs 30:4, Isaiah 26:3-4 Trust in Lord forever!
|
|
What a great post Cindy! You have encouraged me today. I see this is your first post! Blogging is a great way to reach out and express yourself. Hope you keep at it!
ReplyDelete